The Cincinnati Boychoir seeks a dynamic, inspirational, and highly qualified teacher and conductor for the position of Artistic Director beginning in July 2019.
The primary responsibility of the Artistic Director is to cultivate a musical experience for boys that includes world-class musical training, personal growth and travel opportunities, and a meaningful artistic program for audiences.
Key responsibilities of the Artistic Director include:
- Create artistic vision for the program.
- Conduct one or more of the advanced choral ensembles in 25+ concerts per year.
- Care for and monitor the vocal health of the choristers.
- Provide meaningful opportunities for personal growth of the choristers.
- Collaborate on developing the season schedule, ensuring that the artistic and educational programs meet the artistic and financial objectives of the Boychoir.
- Recruit boys from diverse backgrounds to the program.
- Maintain positive relationships with school music teachers.
- Design touring schedule and plan touring details.
- Represent the Boychoir as a mouthpiece for the organization in the community.
- Aid in the fundraising efforts of the Board and administrative staff.
Desired Skills and Characteristics
As the person overseeing the business side of the Cincinnati Boychoir, the Artistic Director should be/have:
- A musician and music educator of the highest level.
- Experience working with children and youth.
- Experience working with boys’ changing voices.
- Creative, with a desire to collaboratively build vision for the organization.
- A masters or doctoral degree in conducting, music education, or similar qualifications/experience.
- Experience planning concert tours.
The anticipated salary is in the range of $45,000 to $65,000, commensurate with experience. The Cincinnati Boychoir offers a benefits package that includes health insurance and paid time off.
1. cover letter that explains why you are interested and qualified
2. resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, and
3. references with phone number and email address.
All applications will be acknowledged by a reply email within a few days of receipt. References won’t be contacted without prior permission of the candidate. Any offer of employment is contingent upon completion of a satisfactory background check in compliance with the Boychoir’s policies.