The Cincinnati Boychoir seeks a dynamic, highly qualified non-profit leader for the position of Executive Director.
The primary responsibility of the Executive Director is to manage the human and financial resources of the organization to achieve the Cincinnati Boychoir’s vision and mission. The Executive Director is responsible for supporting the artistic vision of the Artistic Director and implementing policies set by the board.
Key responsibilities of the executive director include:
- Raise funds from individuals, foundation, corporations, and government agencies.
- Oversee marketing, ticket sales, and related activities to maximize concert attendance.
- Negotiate performance, rental, and collaboration agreements with the Aronoff Center.
- Manage hiring of staff and contracting with artistic staff, guest artists, professional singers, and orchestra musicians in accordance with board approved budget and policies.
- Collaborate on developing the season schedule, ensuring that the artistic and educational programs meet the artistic and financial objectives of the Boychoir.
- Oversee financial management, human resources, and day-to-day office operations.
- Help the Board carry out its governance responsibilities.
Desired Skills and Characteristics
As the person overseeing the business side of the Cincinnati Boychoir, the Executive Director should be:
- Interested in and highly supportive of the mission of the Boychoir, ideally through personal or professional experience that demonstrates an appreciation of the arts.
- Experienced in key operational aspects of managing and leading a performing arts organization.
- Experience with choral or other music organizations is desirable, but not essential.
- Comfortable with technology, especially online and CRM database platforms, or interest in acquiring these skills.
- Successful in fundraising, especially from individuals and foundations. Fundraising is at least 50% of this job.
- A strong financial manager, able to create an annual budget, monitor revenue and expenses throughout the year, and analyze the financial implications of programming and operational opportunities.
- Able to work collaboratively with the Artistic Director so these two leaders serve effectively as co-authors of the future of the organization.
- Experienced and comfortable leading an organization where part-time volunteers play an integral role.
- Comfortable in a hands-on role, given the relatively small paid staff.
- Able to build and maintain good working relationships with Aronoff Center staff.
- Able to work effectively with the Boychoir governing Board and committees.
The anticipated salary is in the range of $40,000 to $60,000, commensurate with experience. The Cincinnati Boychoir offers a benefits package that includes health insurance and paid time off.
1. cover letter that explains why you are interested and qualified
2. resume to: email@example.com, and
3. references with phone number and email address.
All applications will be acknowledged by a reply email within a few days of receipt. References won’t be contacted without prior permission of the candidate.